What should you expect to do at Tharros?
Your experience at Tharros is designed to help you be successful in your personal goals. We start with listening to your goals, and helping you identify what you want to achieve at Tharros. Everything we do is designed for your benefit.
Our structure, which is outlined below, is designed in a way that allows you to participate in community activities and learn important skills; we offer lots of opportunities, and you get to choose what works for your schedule and your goals. Your recovery is YOUR recovery. We make suggestions and provide support and accountability, but you decide what works for you.
We offer extensive support for the early stages of your recovery. You will have a case manager and a team that cares about your success. At Tharros, you’ll always have experienced peers to help you through difficult moments, whether that is intense cravings, challenges with family interactions, or other difficult emotional experiences.
Our clients move forward to very positive lives. Tharros is a place for you to grow and develop a life you want to live without substances. Some of our clients choose to engage our less supportive or independent living homes also, and we can help you identify if that’s right for you when the time comes.
- Monday-Friday morning process meetings (9:30 am)
- Weekly house meetings (Sunday evening after BBQ)
- 24/7 recovery peer to peer support
- Team of 7 experienced staff plus ancillary providers for 11 clients
- Peer support focuses on building a positive life in recovery (referencing PERMA Positive Psychology Model)
- Weekly one on one case management and recovery coaching
- Optional 12-step immersion group (weekly)
- Cooking classes with our nutritionist chef (Every other week)
- Community meals with a gourmet chef, who studied under famed Michelin Star chef, Jean Georges, focusing on practical dishes (most nights)
- Bowling Night with dinner provided (Every other week)
- Ping Pong Alumni tournament and game night (Every month)
- Recovery focused Yoga (on site, every other Saturday)
- Recovery based mindfulness and medication (Every other week, on site)
- Sunday BBQ with opportunities to practice cooking skills
- Individual vocational coach session each week
- Vocational Goals Group
- Local transportation to meetings, appointments, gym, stores, and social events.
- Engagement activities (every other weekend) Examples:
- Sailing in Boston Harbor
- Go-Kart racing
- Escape Room
- Trampoline dodgeball
- Ice Hockey/skating
- Pitch and put/driving range
- Organized sober activities (weekly/optional): Rock climbing, cross fit, basketball, soccer, tennis, pitch and put golf, etc.
- Assistance with neglected life tasks (case management support)
- Volunteer activities (house commitments, and individual volunteer support)
- Life skills development/accountability
- Service commitments (daily non-shame based chores to learn personal accountability)
- Resume building, job placement, and mock interviews with one on one support and vocational group discussions
- Membership to Boston Sports Club (Pool, Jacuzzi, steam, tennis, full range of equipment and classes)
- Work out equipment and personal training available on site
- We offer an onsite workout room and twice weekly trainer led workouts
- On site gym includes www.tonal.com, spin bike w/classes, treadmill, rowing machine, free weights, boxing equipment, and more.
- 12 step and non-12 step approaches to recovery, empowering your choices in your recovery work.
- Introduction to nutritional eating by registered dietitian
- UA testing conducted by lab trained staff. Results confirmed by outside laboratory.
- Extensive and experienced referrals to PHP/IOP programs and vetted clinicians
- Clinical treatment support through coordination with outside providers
- In all, Tharros offers more than 25 hours of structure each week. Much of this is optional, allowing clients to choose what is most important to them.
• All meals (food provided in several different ways) • All household essentials included • Both Private and Shared Suites Available • Wireless Internet Access • Common Rooms • Ping Pong Table • 2 Living rooms with large screen TV and all movie networks • Premium Outdoor Barbecue • Weekly Housekeeping Service • Transportation to 12 step meetings and local appointments • All linens and household supplies • Client office with 2 desktop computers and printers • Cooking Classes by trained private chefs • Bowling and other fun activities included
• Logan Airport • Prudential Center • Fenway Stadium • Burlington Mall • Numerous Universities • Charles River • Commuter Bike Path • Downtown Boston – City Center (15 miles) • Lexington town center and battle green • Mclean Hospital (4.5 miles) • Alewife Redline T-Stop (7 miles) • Lexington local bus and MBTA bus stop
• Acupuncture • Psychiatrists• Psychologists • Yoga • Personal Trainer • Massage • Nutritionists • Hypnotherapist • Family Therapists • Addiction Groups • Addiction Classes
Tharros house referrals and client resources
All Tharros House and Teras House clients are provided peer case management to ensure that they are given every opportunity to maximize their early recovery. Our team works one on one with each client to help identify ways to add value to their long term recovery, including a focus on relapse prevention, values, and recovery fellowship engagement. In addition to vetting treatment professionals, Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP), recovery meetings, and other outpatient resources, we expose clients to various life engagement activities.
Below are some community peer based resources. Clinical resources are discussed on an individual basis and every referral is done in the best interest of the individual client.
Additional Community RESOURCES/LINKS
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- Cocaine Anonymous (CA)
- Crystal Meth Anonymous (CMA)
- Debtors Anonymous (DA)
- Emotions Anonymous
- Gamblers Anonymous (GA)
- Marijuana Anonymous (MA)
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA)
- Nicotine Anonymous (NICA)
- Sex & Love Addicts Anonymous (SLAA)
- Smart Recovery
- Workaholics Anonymous (WA)